The Department of Fire Protection Engineering completed their annual Christmas tree fire safety demonstration Thursday.
The Prince George’s County Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at the Alpha Omicron Pi house on Monday.
No residents were injured, and the College Park Volunteer Fire Department was on scene for about 15 minutes.
Neighboring Pizza Kingdom, which was also affected by the fire, has since reopened.
The fire started in a garbage truck.
The building was evacuated and the fire had been extinguished by 1:48 p.m.
The blaze tore through a home on Montgomery Road.
The fire displaced two adults and two children.
The family fled the fire, and the community responded in full, helping out on the scene and raising over $46,000 for immediate expenses.