The building was evacuated and the fire had been extinguished by 1:48 p.m.
The blaze tore through a home on Montgomery Road.
The fire displaced two adults and two children.
The family fled the fire, and the community responded in full, helping out on the scene and raising over $46,000 for immediate expenses.
Volunteers must wear PPE and undergo a health and wellness check before each shift.
The fire caused $10,000 worth of damages.
Five occupants made it out of the home safely.
Prince George's County's technical rescue team responded to the scene Thursday morning.
Monday was the beginning of a four-day workshop at this university.