Both Maryland men’s and women’s basketball have high expectations entering their respective 2021-22 campaigns. The Diamondback has it covered, and we’re looking ahead to the season with features on key players, schedule breakdowns and analysis of the state of each program.

Click here for the PDF version, pick up a copy at news stands around campus or scroll to browse our stories before the season tips off Nov. 9.

Maryland men’s basketball and its fans reconnect for 50th anniversary of Midnight Mile

By Jacob Richman

Students take off at the start of the Midnight Mile at Kehoe Track on Oct. 21, 2021. (Julia Nikhinson/The Diamondback)

Back for more: Veteran players bring experience and leadership to Maryland men’s basketball

By Jacob Richman

Donta Scott runs with the ball during an open practice on Oct. 31, 2021. (Joe Ryan/The Diamondback)

Despite returning its starters, Maryland women’s basketball’s first five is uncertain

By Kevin McNulty

Angel Reese during open practice on Oct. 31, 2021. (Joe Ryan/The Diamondback)

Maryland women’s basketball is looking for a leader to follow in Chloe Bibby’s footsteps

By Varun Shankar

Chloe Bibby at Maryland women’s basketball media day in Xfinity Center on Oct. 14, 2021. (Joe Ryan/The Diamondback)

Building a contender: Transfers feature in the new iteration of Maryland men’s basketball

By Eli Cohen

Guard Fatts Russell runs with the ball during an open practice on Oct. 31, 2021. (Joe Ryan/The Diamondback)

New-look Maryland men’s basketball ramps up preseason with strong bond already built

By Katie Manganelli

Head coach Mark Turgeon walks down the sideline in Maryland men’s basketball’s 68-57 win over Michigan State on March 11, 2021. (Joe Ryan/The Diamondback)

Returning nearly everyone, Maryland women’s basketball eyes a national title

By Varun Shankar

Players pose for a team photo alongside coach Brenda Frese at Maryland women’s basketball’s media day in Xfinity Center on Oct. 14, 2021. (Joe Ryan/The Diamondback)