The Prince George’s County fire department responded to calls for the fire in the three-story apartment complex on Baltimore Avenue on Monday morning.
Neighboring Pizza Kingdom, which was also affected by the fire, has since reopened.
The blaze tore through a home on Montgomery Road.
The family fled the fire, and the community responded in full, helping out on the scene and raising over $46,000 for immediate expenses.
Volunteers must wear PPE and undergo a health and wellness check before each shift.
The fire caused $10,000 worth of damages.
Five occupants made it out of the home safely.
Prince George's County's technical rescue team responded to the scene Thursday morning.