Series Record: 10-2 Maryland

Last Maryland Win: February 18, 2020 — Maryland 76-67; Coming off a big road win over Michigan State, then-No. 7 Maryland took down upset-minded Northwestern for its ninth straight win. Jalen Smith notched a double-double scoring 22 points while bringing in 19 rebounds. Anthony Cowan also had a big game, scoring 19 points and dishing out five assists.

Last Northwestern Win: March 10, 2017 — Northwestern 72-64; In the quarterfinal of the 2017 Big Ten Tournament, the Wildcats took home their first Big Ten win over Maryland. Bryant McIntosh, Scottie Lindsey and Vic Law combined for 50 points, helping lead Northwestern to an upset in Washington, D.C. Despite the loss, Melo Trimble, Kevin Huerter and Anthony Cowan combined for 52 points. 

Best Maryland Moment: January 25, 2015 — Facing a team riding a five-game losing streak, No. 13 Maryland should have had an easy time with Northwestern. However, that was not the case as Northwestern carried a steady lead the entire game. Maryland trailed 63-52 with three and a half minutes to go, and somehow the Terps pulled off the victory. The late-game run was capitalized by Dez Wells’ incredible go-ahead put-back layup.

Best Northwestern Moment: March 10, 2017 — Northwestern only has two wins against Maryland, the aforementioned Big Ten Tournament win and once in 1958. The 2017 win carries more significance as it helped bolster the Wildcats’ NCAA Tournament résumé, as Northwestern made the Big Dance for the first time in school history in 2017.