Series Record:  10-3 Maryland

Last Maryland Win: February 4, 2020 – Maryland 56-51; Maryland carried a four-game winning streak with them when Rutgers came into Xfinity Center searching for their first win against Maryland in Big Ten play. Anthony Cowan, Jalen Smith and Darryl Morsell combined for 45 of Maryland’s 56 points, as the Terps outlasted the upset-minded Scarlet Knights in a defensive battle, where both teams shot under 35 percent from the floor. 

Last Rutgers Win: March 3, 2020 – Rutgers 78-67; Maryland entered “the RAC” needing just one win from its final two games to clinch a share of the Big Ten title. Unfortunately for Maryland, Rutgers came to play, dominating the Terps all night, leading to a party in Piscataway. Jacob Young had 17 points off the bench, helping lead Rutgers to its first win over Maryland in Big Ten play ever. 

Best Maryland Moment: February 4, 2020; During Maryland’s latest matchup with Rutgers, a short run by the Terps sent Xfinity Center into pandemonium. Darryl Morsell had a put-back dunk and Jalen Smith swatted a shot and drained a three to put the Terps in front. Smith would then complete the sequence with a fast-break poster dunk over a Rutgers defender, making the crowd explode.

Best Rutgers Moment: March 3, 2020; Entering that matchup, Rutgers had beat Maryland twice: in 1991 and in 1952. It was senior night for the Scarlet Knights, and the emphatic win sealed an 18-1 home record on the season. When the final buzzer rang, nearly everyone in the arena rushed the court, creating a party-like atmosphere in the RAC.