Opponent: Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-1, 0-1 Big Ten)

Location: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium, College Park, Maryland

Kickoff: 7:30 PM EST, Friday, Oct. 30

Last Matchup: Oct. 26, 2019, Minneapolis, Minnesota — Minnesota 52-10

Last Game: Maryland lost to Northwestern 43-3; Minnesota lost to Michigan 49-24

Odds: Minnesota  -20.0, per OddsShark

TV: ESPN — Jason Benetti (play-by-play), Andre Ware (analyst), Quint Kessenich (sideline)

Stream: WatchESPN

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (105.7 FM Baltimore, 980 AM D.C., Tunein RadioApp, XM 382) — Johnny Holliday (play-by-play), C.J. Brown (analyst), LaMont Jordan (analyst)

Student Radio: WMUC Sports (Ben Curtis and Zach Solon)

Three things to watch for Maryland

How does the offense perform?

After driving down the field and scoring a field goal on their first possession of the game, the Terps offense was shut down the rest of the way against Northwestern. With a new face under center in Taulia Tagovailoa, it will be interesting to see how the Terps respond, as they continue to grow with their young QB.

Who stands out on defense?

Northwestern shredded the Terps defense, compiling more than 500 yards of offense in its blowout victory. With Maryland returning home to take on a talented Minnesota team, they will need to have someone step up on the defensive side of the ball if they hope to compete this season. Linebacker Chance Campbell could be that guy for the Terps and could look to establish himself as a leader on defense.

Who are the impact players?

The Terps have a lot of new faces this year, with 56 new players on the team that weren’t there in 2019. That being said, the Terps didn’t get many meaningful contributions from anyone in the Northwestern loss. If the Terps are going to win this season, a handful of players will have to emerge as key contributors.

Three things to watch for Minnesota

Getting on the winning track

After an outstanding 2019 season, Minnesota lost its first matchup of the season at home against Michigan. With projected first-round pick Rashod Bateman and QB Tanner Morgan returning, the Gophers will look to get into the win column for the first time in 2020.

Having a field day

When Minnesota faced the Terps last year, its offense piled up almost 500 yards of offense and scored 52 points to run away with the game. Golden Gophers have a chance to do that again facing a Terps defense that is still searching for its identity. 

Does Defense figure it out?

The Golden Gophers only return five starters on defense from their 2019 squad, and the lack of cohesion was evident against Michigan. Going up against a young Terps offense that is still figuring it out, they may have a chance to put together a well-rounded performance.