The Prince George’s County Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at the Alpha Omicron Pi house on Monday.
The fire started in a garbage truck.
The building was evacuated and the fire had been extinguished by 1:48 p.m.
The blaze tore through a home on Montgomery Road.
The fire displaced two adults and two children.
The family fled the fire, and the community responded in full, helping out on the scene and raising over $46,000 for immediate expenses.
Volunteers must wear PPE and undergo a health and wellness check before each shift.
The fire caused $10,000 worth of damages.