A sprinkler on the sixth floor of Landmark on Thursday caused flooding into lower floor apartments and led to a temporary shut down of the fire alarm system.
The Prince George’s County Fire Department was on scene at 12:53 p.m., according to spokesperson Mike Yourishin.
Landmark management reported the fire life and safety systems to be operational again around 5:09 p.m. Before then, residents received a fire safety notice from Landmark management to discontinue using candles, burning incense and smoking. Management advised residents to be cautious in case of fire.
Landmark management said units affected by the flood will be contacted by their community manager on the status of repairs.
A Landmark employee declined to comment.