Diamond Williams stepped up to the plate at the top of the first inning with runners already on first and second.

Williams, batting third for Maryland softball, passed on the first pitch. She swung on the second, driving it down the left field line to give the Terps an early lead.

Maryland never surrendered that advantage, breezing past Oregon, 4-0, on Friday afternoon on the road in the Jane Sanders Classic.

The Terps broke a three-game losing streak with an impressive win over the Ducks, D1Softball’s No. 19 team.

Williams finished 1-for-3 a day after hitting a home run. She entered the game leading the Terps in RBIs and second in hits. She also showed off her defensive prowess at first base. In the second inning, she lunged into a near-split just in time to snare a throw and secure the out.

Maryland (6-11) didn’t add to its lead for the next few innings but capitalized with two outs in the fourth. Sammi Woods singled to left and Michaela Jones brought her home soon after.

[Maryland softball breezes by Green Bay, 9-1, for second win of Stetson Invitational]

The Terps’ third baseman rocketed the pitch over the left field fence, giving Maryland more than enough of an advantage. Her second home run of the year came a day after she broke a seven-game scoreless streak.

Courtney Wyche shut down the Ducks’ lineup. She allowed just four hits across seven innings. A dominant force on the mound, Wyche racked up six strikeouts to just three walks and punctuated many of the outs with a fist pump in the air

In the bottom of the sixth inning with two outs, Wyche threw a fastball down the middle that Oregon centerfielder Hannah Delgado sent right back to her. Woods smoothly fielded the ball and quickly stepped on second base to end the inning.

Friday marked Wyche’s second win — breaking a five-game losing streak. Her second shutout of the year marked a resounding bounceback from a difficult showing Thursday where she gave up five runs in just 1⅓ innings.

[Maryland softball’s dismal offense led to a poor weekend]

Williams continued to make a defensive impact at first base. In the bottom of the fifth inning, Woods fielded an Oregon (10-8) grounder but threw wildly to first. Williams chased the ball behind her and reached forward to tag the baserunner out.

Wyche stood on the mound in the bottom of the seventh inning, needing to get one more out to seal the stellar performance. Oregon’s Kai Luschar hit a ball to third base. Jones threw to first — seemingly ending the game.

The Ducks’ dugout, up in arms, challenged the call. After a protracted replay review, the umpires returned to the field and kept the original call on the field to give the Terps a much-needed win.

The Terps will finish out their weekend tournament with a Saturday doubleheader. They’ll face Mount St. Mary’s before taking on Oregon again.