Maryland football offensive coordinator and quarterback’s coach, Dan Enos, has left the program to become Arkansas’ new offensive coordinator, the Razorbacks announced Thursday. Enos is the third coach to leave coach Mike Locksley’s staff and likely the most high-profile loss.

The coach’s arrival at Maryland in 2021 coincided with starting quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa’s breakout campaign. Tagovailoa, who announced Wednesday he’d return for the 2023 season, set single-season program records for passing yards, completions and touchdowns in Enos’ first season. That year culminated in the first bowl game win of Mike Locksley’s tenure.

[Taulia Tagovailoa announces he will play for Maryland football in 2023]

The Terps’ offense was similarly prolific in 2022 as Tagovailoa broke career program records for passing yards, passing touchdowns and more. Roman Hemby emerged as a potent running threat, nearing 1,000 yards in his redshirt freshman campaign and six different players exceeded 300 receiving yards.

Enos worked at Arkansas as its quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator from 2015 to 2017.

He made a brief stop at Michigan before joining Locksley on Nick Saban’s Alabama staff in 2018 as the quarterbacks coach, where he worked with Tagovailoa’s older brother, Tua. He was then Cincinnati’s associate head coach and running backs coach in a 9-1 season for the Bearcats.

[The Diamondback’s best sports stories of 2022]

The Terps lost co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Mike Miller to Charlotte in early December. Miller, who’ll be the 49ers’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, oversaw a talented tight end room at Maryland that included breakout performances from Corey Dyches and CJ Dippre, the latter of whom transferred to Alabama.

Safeties coach Wes Neighbors III also left Maryland after one season to fill the same role at Ole Miss. Neighbors and Miller are former Alabama coaching assistants.

Maryland’s safeties excelled this season despite losing Nick Cross and Jordan Mosley to the NFL. Dante Trader Jr. and Beau Brade filled those roles admirably, with the latter leading the team in tackles and the duo combining for four interceptions.