Maryland men’s basketball may have finally found an answer to its low post woes. Georgetown center Qudus Wahab is joining the Terps, he announced on Instagram Saturday morning.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Qudus Abolaji Wahab (@bola_dee_baller)

Wahab emerged as one of the best bigs in the Big East during his two-year Hoya career. The Lagos, Nigeria, native averaged 12.7 points per game, 8.2 rebounds per game and 1.6 blocks per game as he played in every contest for the Hoyas last season, starting all but one.

And in postseason play, Wahab shined. He scored double digits in every game of the Big East tournament, helping lead coach Patrick Ewing’s side to a surprise Big East title and an NCAA tournament appearance.

“To me, by the time he leaves here, whenever that is, … he’s going to be the best big in the country,” Ewing said during the conference tournament.

Wahab added a career-high 20 points in the Hoyas’ blowout NCAA tournament loss to Colorado. Now, he joins the Terps, a team plagued by issues in the paint last season.

[Maryland men’s basketball’s Chol Marial enters transfer portal]

After Makhi and Makhel Mitchell and Jalen Smith all departed during or after the 2019-20 season, Maryland was left with Chol Marial as its only true big. And when he struggled, coach Mark Turgeon reduced his minutes and went with a smaller lineup.

In the end, the move worked. The Terps overcame a torrid 4-9 conference start, qualified for the NCAA tournament and beat UConn in the first round. Still, when matched up against the conference’s best post players, Maryland tended to struggle.

“I love throwing that ball in the post,” Turgeon said in January. “I miss it, especially when you’ve had the guys I’ve had, I’ve been pretty spoiled.”

Marial entered the transfer portal Wednesday, affirming the need to find a replacement down low. Turgeon didn’t have to go far for help, landing Wahab.

And although there are still question marks surrounding next year’s roster, Turgeon and his staff have addressed its most pressing need, bringing in a highly skilled big man capable of competing with the conference’s best.