Opponent: Michigan State Spartans (15-11, 9-11 Big Ten)

Location: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana

Tipoff: 11:30 a.m. EST, Thursday, March 11

Last matchup: February 28, 2021 — Maryland 73-55

Last game: Maryland lost to Penn State 66-61; Michigan State defeated Michigan 70-64

Line: Maryland -1.5 per OddsShark

TV: BTN — Kevin Kugler (Play-by-Play), Stephen Bardo (Analyst), Andy Katz (Sideline)

Stream: Fox Sports Go

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (105.7 FM Baltimore, 980 AM D.C., TuneIn Radio App) — Johnny Holliday (play-by-play), Chris Knoche (analyst), Walt Williams (analyst)

What to watch for Maryland: How do they respond after a massive collapse?

Whether it was Joe Lunardi, Jerry Palm or any other bracketologist, the message was clear for the Terps; simply defeat a 9-13 Penn State at home and secure a spot in the NCAA Tournament. Of course, we know the Terps blew a 14-point lead and lost to the Nittany Lions. Now, the Terps will face a Spartans team riding high after shocking Michigan in their last game. Maryland also hasn’t won a Big Ten Tournament game since 2016. With the Terps back on the bubble, this game is essentially a must-win or else Selection Sunday will be an anxious time for Maryland. 

What to watch for Michigan State: What adjustments does Izzo make?

The Spartans have resurrected their season after wins against Indiana and Michigan and now have a decent shot of making the NCAA Tournament. A win against Maryland on Thursday would essentially secure them a spot in the tournament but the Terps will pose a challenge. Michigan State was dominated from the start in their most recent matchup with Maryland, which was a 73-55 win for the Terps. The Spartans had no answers for Eric Ayala, who scored 22 points. They also allowed the Terps to shoot 50 percent from three-point range and 23-24 on free throws. Coach Tom Izzo will need to make defensive adjustments to prevent a second straight loss to the Terps.