Heading into this weekend, it has become increasingly likely that Maryland’s visit to Ohio State will likely result in a Buckeyes victory. Will it be a close game? Well, if you ask various Las Vegas sportsbooks, the answer is a resounding no.

Out of the 49 FBS games this week, the Maryland Terrapins are the biggest underdog. The Terps range from a 42.5 to a 43.5 point underdog this weekend against Ohio State, according to Westgate Superbook, William Hill and various other popular Las Vegas sportsbooks. 

While seeing a line like this may be shocking, the truth is the Buckeyes deserve to be a heavy favorite this weekend.

The newly-minted No. 1 team in the initial College Football Playoff rankings is 8-0 while winning each game by 24 or more points. Led by three Heisman Trophy candidates in Justin Fields, J.K. Dobbins and Chase Young, the Buckeyes have stomped over their first five Big Ten opponents by a combined score of 223-37.

On the other hand, the Terps record stands at a disappointing 3-6 and the team hasn’t won a game in five weeks. Their only Big Ten win came against Rutgers, who has lost every conference game by at least 28.

If you’re inclined to watch Saturday’s game, it can be found on Fox at noon. Who knows, maybe the Terps can surprise Ohio State for the second year in a row, but this time complete the upset.