Less than a year after transferring to Maryland women’s basketball to play for a top team in her final season, Abby Meyers got the opportunity to continue her career in the WNBA when the Dallas Wings selected her with the 11th overall pick.

While most draft projections predicted Meyers would be selected later in the draft, Meyers became the second Terp chosen in the first round after the Minnesota Lynx picked Diamond Miller second overall.

Meyers averaged 14.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the Terps this season.  She shot 39 percent from outside the three-point arc, helping fill the Wings’ need for a perimeter shooter.

[Diamond Miller selected second overall by Minnesota Lynx in WNBA Draft]

Before Maryland, Meyers played at Princeton, where she averaged 11.7 points and 4 rebounds across three seasons and was named the 2022 Ivy League Player of the Year. Meyers also won a gold medal with the U.S. team in the 2022 Maccabiah Games.

The Wings finished last season sixth in the league with 18 wins and 18 losses. With a new coach and a plethora of new players, Meyers joins a team looking for a new identity

The Wings also selected Maddy Siegrist from Villanova, Lou Lopez Sénéchal from UConn, Ashley Joens from Iowa State and Paige Robinson from Illinois State. They also traded for draftee Stephanie Soares, who will not play this season due to an ACL injury.