Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.

The Metro’s Yellow Line will reopen between Huntington and Mount Vernon Square stations starting May 7 after an eight-month closure for renovations, according to a news release Tuesday by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.

Under changes to Metro’s fiscal year 2024 budget that prioritize Yellow Line service in downtown Washington, D.C., the stations beyond Mount Vernon Square, including the College Park station, will continue only receiving service from the Green Line.

“I want to thank our customers for their patience while we completed this critical work to ensure safe, reliable service for decades to come,” WMATA General Manager and Chief Executive Officer Randy Clarke said in a statement.

[College Park considers city’s first pedestrian-only plaza on Knox Road]

The reopening of the Yellow Line will mark the completion of extensive renovations to the Yellow Line tunnel and bridge connecting Pentagon Station and L’Enfant Plaza Station. The renovations will mitigate water intrusion in the tunnel and replace aging bridge bearing and expansion joints. The project also upgraded the fire suppression system on the bridge and replaced miles of communications cables, according to the release.

From July 22 to Sept. 4, the College Park Station will be shut down for a large summer maintenance plan and will not be serviced by any lines.

WMATA provides free shuttle bus service between the affected stations.