Ten days after landing the top attacker in the 2024 class, Maryland men’s lacrosse landed the top defender in the National Lacrosse Federation’s rankings.

The Terps added three five-stars and three four-stars to their 2024 lacrosse recruiting class in the span of three weeks. The flurry of additions comes after a 2023 class where only three ranked players committed, per Inside Lacrosse.

While Maryland men’s lacrosse had a positive week, Maryland baseball got an exciting two-way prospect, and Maryland men’s basketball continued to make strides for the future.

Offers

Isaiah Evans received an offer from Maryland men’s basketball. Evans is a five-star prospect who was ranked 16th in the 2024 class, according to 247Sports.

Commitments

Men’s Lacrosse

Peter Laake, 2024, Defender

School: Loyola Blakefield in Towson

Rank: 5-star

In spring 2021, a strike to the chest sent Laake into a rare form of cardiac arrest, nearly killing him. 

“I remember taking a couple steps, and then I remember getting super dizzy,” Laake told USA Lacrosse Magazine in 2021. “I don’t even remember starting to fall. I just remember getting dizzy, and then I sort of blacked out.”

[César Tovar’s grandson committed to Maryland baseball to continue the family legacy]

He suffered from commotio cordis, which kills 75 percent of the people who get it. Fortunately for Laake, with aid by his side, he survived.

He was back on the field two and a half weeks later. Following the incident, USA Lacrosse Magazine reported he earned a new nickname, “Cardiac Pete.”

Not only did he quickly return, he continued to impress as the top ranked defender for the 2024 class. He now joins his club teammate, Spencer Ford — who was ranked as the top attacker in the class by the NLF — in College Park.

Kyle Eggebraten, 2024, Defender

School: Culver Military Academy in Culver, Indiana

Rank: 4-star

Eggebraten played long stick middie well in the spring but is mainly a defender, where he will likely spend most of his time at Maryland.  

[Recruiting roundup: Top-ranked class of 2024 attacker commits to Maryland men’s lacrosse]

Baseball

Austin Weiss, 2025, Left-Handed Pitcher/Outfielder

School: Georgetown Preparatory in North Bethesda

Weiss’s impressive fastball was recorded at 88 mph by Perfect Game, who placed him in the 99th percentile for the category in his class. Prep Baseball Report ranked him as Maryland’s No. 7 player in the class of 2025.

He also displayed his impressive two-way skills through his power skills with a 98.7 max velocity.

Additional Notes

Aaron Bradshaw, ranked by 247Sports as the top ranked center for the 2023 men’s basketball class, will announce his commitment on Nov. 16, per Rivals. The five-star listed Maryland in his final seven.