After a strong season for Maryland baseball, major conference hardware is coming to College Park.

Centerfielder Chris Alleyne won Big Ten Player of the Year and coach Rob Vaughn snagged Big Ten Coach of the Year in a favorable conference awards season for the Terps.

Alleyne also won conference first-team honors along with five other teammates: second-baseman Kevin Keister, third-baseman Nick Lorusso, pitcher Ryan Ramsey, pitcher Jason Savacool and shortstop Matt Shaw.

Catcher Luke Shliger earned second-team honors and right-fielder Troy Schreffler Jr., pitcher Nick Dean and first-baseman Max Costes landed third-team selections.

The Terps’ 13 awards set a program-record and are the most of any team in the conference. The accolades are well-deserved for a Maryland squad that clinched the regular season conference title after a win against Purdue on May 20.  

[Maryland baseball beats Purdue, 18-7, clinches first share of conference title since 1971]

Alleyne’s Player of the Year award comes after he ranked first in the conference in homers, RBIs, total bases, second in hits and slugging percentage, and third in stolen bases.

He’s the first Maryland baseball player to win a conference player of the year award since Derek Hacopian won ACC player of the year in 1992. 

The fifth-year player had the option to leave the Terps after last season for a professional contract, but returned to College Park. He thrived, becoming the first player in NCAA division I baseball with 20 homers and 20 stolen bases in a single season since 2018.

Vaughn is the first Maryland baseball head coach to win the Coach of the Year award after a program-best 44-win regular season that saw several underclassmen like Shliger, Keister and Savacool take major steps in their developments. 

[Chris Alleyne shines in Maryland baseball’s 14-7 win over Purdue]

Maryland ranks tenth nationally in the D1 Baseball poll. The Terps are currently projected by D1 Baseball to host for the first time in school history as the No. 6 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Before that, Maryland baseball will kick off its Big Ten tournament aspirations on Wednesday in Omaha. The top-seeded Terps will take on No. 8 seed Indiana in the first round.