Maryland softball’s Taylor Liguori took the plate in the seventh inning. She stared down Emily Goodin, Indiana’s star pitcher, who was one out away from a no-hitter.

Liguori drove the ball to Annika Baez at first base. Baez stepped on the bag, and the game was over.

Goodin jumped in celebration in the circle as her teammates swarmed her with hugs and high-fives in the infield of Maryland Softball Stadium.

Goodin’s second career seven-inning no-hitter — her first since her freshman year — resulted in a win against the Terps. And she got help from Taylor Lambert, who broke through a pitcher’s duel in the sixth inning to lift the Hoosiers to a 2-0 victory.

Goodin retired eight straight Maryland batters to start the game, setting the tone for Indiana’s defense. Goodin’s name is spread across the Big Ten’s pitching leaderboards — entering Friday, she ranks top five with a 1.57 ERA, 158 strikeouts, 178.1 innings pitched, .210 opposing batting average and 16 wins.

[Maryland softball’s pitching stifles Rutgers in 4-1 win]

Goodin’s hot streak was broken when she walked Regan Kerr in the third inning, but with two outs already on the board, the Terps couldn’t make anything of their first baserunner.

Jennifer Brann also had a standout day in the circle. She allowed two runs and three hits while striking out five in five-plus innings.

Brann is among the seniors whose numbers are painted onto the outfield grass this weekend to celebrate their final home performances.

In the sixth inning, the Hoosiers broke through. Brann walked Brooke Benson to open the frame and give Indiana a rare baserunner.

Lambert followed at the plate. She tapped a bunt just in front of Katie Dustin. The Maryland catcher fielded the ball, but Lambert sped to first and beat her throw to give the Hoosiers a runner in scoring position.

Gabbi Jenkins did the same thing. She knocked another bunt in front of Dustin and beat the throw to load the bases.

[Early grand slam lifts Maryland softball over Rutgers, 6-2]

With no outs and the bases loaded, Trinity Schlotterbeck came in to relieve Brann.

Grayson Radcliffe knocked a ball to Ruby Butler at shortstop, who fired to Dustin at the plate to catch Benson and keep the score at zero.

Then, Bella Norton chopped another hit to Butler. She hurled another throw to Dustin to get the force at the plate. But Lambert outran the play and clocked Indiana’s first run.

Grace Lorsung drove another grounder to Butler, who threw her out at first. Jenkins scored on the play and tacked on the Hoosiers’ second run of the inning.

That would be enough for Indiana, as Goodin continued to to coast. She retired the last 11 batters she faced, ending her near-perfect afternoon by getting Liguori to weakly ground out to first base.

As she realized her feat, Goodin’s teammates mobbed her in the circle, celebrating the ace’s no-hitter.