Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.

A COVID-19 vaccination site at the First United Methodist Church of Hyattsville will open Tuesday, according to the city’s website. 

The clinic, which will operate in partnership with the city of Hyattsville, Luminis Health and the church, will be open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment only. The site is about a mile southwest of the Riverdale Park Station shopping center.

Individuals eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine in groups 1A, 1B, and 1C as defined by Prince George’s County can request an appointment here

• Phase 1A includes health care workers, first responders and residents and staff of nursing homes, according to the county website
  • Phase 1B includes adults ages 75 and up, people with developmental disabilities, teachers and residents and staff of homeless shelters. 
  • Phase 1C includes those with COPD, diabetes, sickle cell disease and those receiving treatment for cancer, among other conditions, according to the county website. Grocers and essential workers in houses of worship are also eligible in the county.

[Maryland launches state preregistration system for COVID-19 mass vaccination sites]

Prince George’s County is currently operating five mass vaccination sites in the following locations: Cedar Heights Community Center in Seat Pleasant, Cheverly Health Center, Kentland Community Center in Landover, Laurel-Beltsville Senior Activity Center, and Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Center in Fort Washington. The vaccination site at the Sports and Learning Complex in Landover is temporarily closed through March 28. 

There is also a state-run mass vaccination site at Six Flags America in Bowie. Last week, County Executive Angela Alsobrooks and Gov. Larry Hogan announced that the state would begin reserving 2,100 slots a week for Prince Georgians at this site.

About 13.7 percent of Prince Georgians have received the first of a two-dose vaccine — the lowest proportion of all Maryland jurisdictions, according to the state’s coronavirus dashboard. More than 8,500 doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have been administered to Prince Georgians, which is the second-highest total in the state behind Montgomery County. 

White Marylanders are getting vaccinated at about three times the rate of Black Marylanders, according to state data.