The state of Maryland launched a preregistration system for the state’s mass vaccination sites Saturday, according to a press release from the governor’s office. Marylanders who fall into phase 1, which includes teachers, health care workers and those over 65, are eligible to preregister.

Eligible Marylanders can preregister online at covidvax.maryland.gov or by phone at  1-855-MD-GOVAX. Marylanders will also need to self-certify that they are eligible for phase 1 of the state’s vaccine rollout. The state will contact preregistered people when it is their turn to schedule an appointment. 

Phase 1A includes health care workers, nursing home staff and residents, and first responders. Phase 1B includes those with developmental disabilities, adults 75 and older, teachers and residents in assisted living or other congregate facilities, according to the state’s website. Phase 1C includes adults age 64-75 and essential workers in labs, agriculture or the postal service.

The state operates five mass vaccination sites in the following locations: Six Flags America in Bowie, M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, Wicomico Youth and Civic Center in Salisbury and Hagerstown Premium Outlets.

[Alsobrooks, Hogan announce more weekly vaccine slots at Six Flags for Prince Georgians]

Prince George’s County operates four of its own vaccination clinics. Those who live or work in the county and are eligible for the county’s phase 1C can preregister. Phase 1C in the county includes those with COPD, diabetes, sickle cell disease and those receiving treatment for cancer, among other conditions, according to the county website. Grocers and essential workers in houses of worship are also eligible in the county.

Just over 19 percent of the state’s population has been vaccinated with a first dose. In Prince George’s County, about 12 percent of the population have received a first dose — the lowest proportion of all state jurisdictions. 

On Wednesday, Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks and Gov. Larry Hogan announced that the state will begin reserving 2,100 vaccination slots for county residents at the Six Flags site. Prior to the announcement, only 500 appointments a week were set aside for Prince Georgians. 

White Marylanders have been vaccinated with a first dose at about three times the rate of Black Marylanders, according to state data.