It was a weekend of highs and lows for the Terps, highlighted by strong performances from seniors Bria Mack and Angel Nkwonta.

Competing against a host of other schools from the conference for the first time this season, Maryland didn’t reach the highs of previous meets. Ultimately, the Terps were only able to put 14 points on the board from the women’s team, for a last place finish at the Big Ten Championships in Geneva, Ohio.

Despite not placing as high as it might have liked, the women’s team enjoyed a number of personal bests and records over the weekend.

In fact, it was an all-time performance for Mack in the 60 meter dash. The senior made her way into the record books two weeks ago, tallying the fourth-best time in school history.

And the senior went into another gear Friday. She obliterated her record with a time of 7.45 seconds in the preliminary round — tying the best mark in program history. Though she failed to duplicate that success in the finals, Mack still cruised to an eighth place finish with a time of 7.58s, putting a point on the board in the process.

[Maryland track and field impresses with many personal bests at Spire Big Ten Invitational]

Angel Nkwonta — also no stranger to breaking her own records — delivered another standout performance for the Terps, giving Maryland 13 of its 14 total points.

Nkwonta, who has been dominant in the weight throw all season, struggled after her first toss of 19.8 meters, whiffing on her next three attempts. The senior was able to turn things around on her sixth and final attempt, tossing the weight for a distance of 20.18m — good for a fourth place finish.

However, Nkwonta enjoyed more success in the shotput. She came out of the gates firing to break the school record on her first attempt, throwing for a distance of 17.27m. That mark was good for a second place finish overall, giving Maryland eight points.

While the Terps were unable to find points outside of performances from Nkwonta and Mack, others set personal bests over the weekend.

[How Maryland’s track and field stars master weight-throwing]

Kamryn Henderson set a new personal record in the weight throw with a distance of 17.83m on the first day of competition. Junior Jaida Smith also achieved a new best Thursday with a distance of 5.56m in the long jump.

The women’s team set a number of new records on the track, as well. Among those was Katie Ericson, who finished with a time of 10:23.75 in the women’s 3000m.

Junior Mackenzie Morgan and freshman Kami Joi Hickson did similarly well, marking season bests in the women’s 800m — as they finished neck and neck with times of 2:11.18 and 2:11.19 respectively.

While the Terps headed into the competition undermanned, overall it was a weekend that left much to be desired from a team that had been rolling all season. Despite the lackluster finish, it was an otherwise excellent indoor season for Maryland track and field – one highlighted by a number of program records and personal bests.