Series Record:  6-6 tie

Last Maryland Win: March 8, 2020 – Maryland 83-70; In Maryland’s last game of the 2019-2020 season the Terps capped off a 24-7 season with a dominant win over No. 25 Michigan. Four Terps finished with 15+ points, including a 20-point performance from Anthony Cowan Jr. in his final game as a Terp. Jalen Smith also played his last game as a Terp that day and balled out with 18 points, 11 rebounds, and four blocks.

Last Michigan Win: March 3, 2019– Michigan 69-62; Michigan’s starters nearly spent all 40 minutes on the court in their last win against the Terps, with only Zavier Sampson playing less than 36 minutes. Each of the starters also put up double-digits in the point column, highlighted by Ignas Bradzeikis’s 21 points. The game was close through 35 minutes, but Michigan began pulling away with a 14-4 run amidst the final ten minutes. Bruno Fernando had quite the performance despite the loss with 12 points, 10 rebounds, and six blocks in his second-to-last home game as a Terp.

Best Maryland Moment: March 8, 2020; It’s unfortunate that the 2019-2020 Terps never saw March Madness with what was arguably one of their most talented teams in recent history. With that being said, the last look of the team that fans got to see was their season finale victory against Michigan, where two of Maryland’s greatest — Cowan Jr. and Smith — left their hearts on the court, winning Maryland its first-ever Big Ten men’s basketball title. The duo had quite the performances on their way out — as mentioned above — while rising leader Eric Ayala lit Michigan up for 19 points — nine of them coming off three-pointers — to go with seven rebounds. 

Best Michigan Moment: January 15, 2018; A Maryland win against a ranked (and eventual 2018 National Championship runner-up) Michigan team seemed likely in the final seconds of this game after a Kevin Huerter three-pointer gave the Terps a one-point lead with 3.5 seconds on the clock. However, the tides shifted in Michigan’s favor just seconds later, as Bruno Fernando inadvertently tripped Michigan’s Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman with 1.2 seconds left, sending him to the free-throw line where he ultimately put Michigan on top once again. Michigan had been down by as much as 14 early in the first half and nearly blew a 10-point lead at the end of the second, but the tripping foul saved the Wolverines from a brutal loss.