Maryland softball pitcher Trinity Schlotterbeck was named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week by the conference on Monday, becoming the first player in program history to receive the honor.

At the Panther Invitational in Miami, Florida, this past weekend, the Terps went 4-1 on the back of Schlotterbeck, who went 3-0 and threw three complete games with a .97 ERA. She struck out nine players in 21 ⅔ innings and was an integral part of Maryland’s defensive success throughout the weekend.

[Read more: Maryland women’s basketball wins Big Ten tournament with 82-65 triumph over Ohio State]

Schlotterbeck notched a save in the Terps’ game against FIU on Saturday, getting the team out of trouble and allowing only one hit over the final 2 ⅔ innings in a 5-3 win.

Her first and second games of the tournament were shutouts, allowing Ball State only four hits on Friday and Tulsa only one base knock on Saturday.

This is Schlotterbeck’s first Big Ten honor and she is the first Maryland player to ever receive the conference’s Freshman of the Week award.

Schlotterbeck joined the Terps from Saint James School in Hagerstown and was the MVP in her freshman, sophomore and junior years there.

The Terps will play close to home for the first time this season at the Cherry Blossom Classic in Fairfax, Virginia, next weekend. Conference play begins in two weeks against Iowa.