A curving corner kick from Georgia forward Reagan Glisson sailed too close to goalkeeper Erin Seppi, but when the Maryland women’s soccer team’s shotstopper rose to punch the ball out of danger, she mishit it.

Instead of clearing the ball, the deflection sailed into the Terps’ net about 20 minutes into the game, the first goal in a match that would turn into a blowout in the second half.

A Terps defense that had to make unexpected changes in the last week after losing senior Niven Hegeman to an ACL injury was still looking to find their footing as they inch their way to conference play. However, small miscues and mistakes hit Maryland hard as it fell to Georgia, 5-0, for their second loss this weekend.

[Read more: Maryland women’s soccer loses first game of year in 4-0 rout to Auburn]

The Terps instilled early attacking pressure in their first two wins against New Jersey Institute of Technology and Georgia Southern. But against the Bulldogs, they struggled to get forward early on.

The Bulldogs’ defense kept Maryland out of their box during the early stretches. Much of that prevention was down to Georgia’s possession, building pressure on coach Ray Leone’s squad’s defense all game.

Georgia opened the game with a slew of opportunities, forcing early saves out of Seppi. The Terps finally found their first shot in the 14th minute when Georgia goalkeeper Emory Wegener saved an attempt from forward Alyssa Poarch. But the Bulldogs broke through in the 20th minute with a corner kick.

[Read more: Maryland women’s soccer will need to adjust its play after Niven Hegeman’s ACL injury]

The rest of the half was played mostly in the midfield, with both teams continuing to disposes the other. The Terps ended the first half with two shots and no corners while allowing six shots from the Bulldogs, who tallied three corners.

The second half was where the Terps had been able to put together most of their offense in Friday’s loss to Auburn, but that wasn’t the case against the Bulldogs.

Georgia found its second goal of the day with an over-the-top pass to midfielder Abby Boyan in the box, who turned and fired a shot into the back of the net. Matters got worse for the Terps when just a few minutes later Delaney Erwin found open space and slotted another goal by Seppi.

Anissa Mose had the best opportunity of the game for the Terps, finding space in the box midway through the second half. But already trailing by three goals, Wegener made a diving save to keep Mose off the scoresheet.

Georgia found its fourth goal on a header from Chloe Chapman. And just a few minutes later she found the back of the net again, running through the Terps defense with six minutes left in the game to hand Maryland its second straight loss in another commanding fashion.