Maryland football commits Noah Boykin and Vincent Flythe have played together at H.D. Woodson High School for the past two years, forming a strong bond.

Flythe, a three-star cornerback and the No. 9 player in Washington, D.C., according to 247Sports, committed to the Terps over Georgia, Kentucky and Wisconsin. After he pledged in June, Flythe tried to recruit his teammates.

Less than two weeks later, Flythe got his wish as Boykin, a three-star recruit and the No. 2 player in Washington, D.C., announced he would join his teammate in College Park. Maryland coach DJ Durkin and his staff had tough competition as Boykin fielded offers from Clemson, Michigan and Virginia Tech.

The cornerbacks are excited to continue their friendship in College Park as they hope to play major roles in Maryland’s rebuild.

“We both understand each other very well,” Boykin said. “Any play we make, we feed off each other.”

Flythe added: “We know we both got each other on the field, either side of the ball, special teams, three phases of the ball, we know we got each other regardless.”

While Boykin remains committed, the Terps are fighting off other schools looking to add to their recruiting classes. Boykin received an offer from Notre Dame in September.

Boykin would be a huge addition to Maryland’s secondary, which has talented freshmen on its current roster. H.D. Woodson running back Mychale Salahuddin said Boykin puts his “best foot forward” every play.

“[My commitment to Maryland] is very strong right now,” Boykin said. “Of course I’m gonna look at other schools just to see what’s the right fit for me. This is a decision of a lifetime.”

Boykin and Flythe come from a winning culture they hope to replicate in college. H.D. Woodson went 11-2 last season and is historically one of the top programs in the D.C. area.

While the bond between the future Terps is evident on the field, their relationship off it is unique.

“Vince is very quiet. If he said six words to me in the last two years, I’d be surprised,” H.D. Woodson athletic trainer Jennifer Rheeling said. “Noah off the field is personable, pleasurable, he’s funny and he is always very polite. He’s one of the kids I’m gonna miss the most when he leaves.”

Aside from being on the field together, Boykin and Flythe take the same classes at H.D. Woodson.

Their differing personalities doesn’t stand in the way of their friendship.

“[Our relationship] is always great,” Boykin said. “We are like blood brothers, on and off the field.”