The opponent: Florida International (0-1)

Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. on Friday

Stadium: Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium — Miami

Head coach: Ron Turner (career record: 52–88, FIU record: 10-27)

Last week: Maryland beat Howard 52-13, Indiana beat FIU 34-13

Television: CBS Sports Network — Sean Grande, Adam Archuleta and Cassie McKinney

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (Baltimore 1300 WJZ-AM and Washington ESPN 980 AM) — Johnny Holliday, Tim Strachan and Scott McBrien

Prior meetings: Maryland is 4-0 against FIU. Their most recent victory was a 43-10 win in 2013.

Game time weather forecast: Sunny, 81 degrees, 81 percent humidity, 9-mph wind

Three things to watch for

Will Likely’s impact: Against Howard, Will Likely did not get a chance to make much of an impact on offense or special teams. He had one rush for two yards, did not catch a pass and did not get a chance to return a kickoff or punt. Likely is one of the best returners in the country, and he should get his first real opportunity to be a weapon on offense and special teams against FIU.

The running backs: The Terps had five different running backs rush for at least 40 yards against Howard, a reflection of their depth at the position. Against FIU, it will be interesting to see if offensive coordinator Walt Bell plans to continue to spread the ball around or just let one or two running backs do the majority of the rushing.

Maryland’s Florida players: Maryland’s roster boasts 12 players from Florida, the most of any state besides Maryland. This week’s trip to FIU and next week’s trip to Central Florida will give Floridians such as Will Likely the chance to play in front of friends and family.

FIU players to watch

RB Alex Gardner: Last season, Gardner was an offensive weapon for FIU. He led the team in rushing yards with 760 and receptions with 60. Last week, Indiana held him to 23 yards on the ground, but he still managed seven receptions for 70 yards. Whenever FIU is on offense, expect them to find any way to get him the ball.

QB Alex McGough: McGough is in his third year as the Panthers’ starting quarterback. He struggled last week against Indiana, throwing three picks and failing to get a passing touchdown. For his career, McGough has completed 58.2 percent of his passes with 35 touchdowns and 21 interceptions.

WR Stantley Thomas: In his first collegiate game, Thomas had 40- and 45-yard receptions on his way to a 91-yard game against Indiana. The Miami Herald has described the freshman as a deep threat, and he should be the focus of Maryland’s secondary.