It was a strong weekend for the future of the Maryland football program.

In two days, the Terps secured four commits for their 2017 recruiting class. Friday night, North Carolina kicker Jonathan Doerer announced his intention to join the Terps. Gonzaga offensive lineman Johnny Jordan and running backs Tayon Fleet-Davis and Javon Leake committed to the program the next day.

Jordan, Fleet-Davis and Leake are all three-star recruits. The Terps now have the No. 22 recruiting class in the country and the fourth-best in the Big Ten for 2017 according to 247Sports.

Jordan, the eighth-best recruit in Washington, D.C., projects to be a center for the Terps and joins four-star Jordan McNair (McDonogh) as recruits for the offensive line.

Fleet-Davis, an Oxon Hill native, is a 6-foot, 211-pound running back who had offers from a host of other Big Ten schools but chose to stay home. He’s the No. 37 running back in his class and the 17th-best prospect in the state according to 247Sports. Leake, who hails from Greensboro, North Carolina, is the No. 6 all-purpose back.

Doerer, though, did not have any stars on either major recruiting site. Even so, ChrisSailerKicking.com ranks Doerer as the third-best kicking prospect in his class and calls him “a big time talent” with “perhaps the strongest leg in the nation in this class” in his player review.

The football program now has 15 commitments for the 2017 class with 14 of them rated three-stars or above.