Maryland men’s basketball hopes to land another high-ranked local recruit after making his top four. Terps football landed another 2026 commit and extended offers to three more recruits, including two in the 2026 class.

Commitments

Osiah Kelley, 2026, Right hand pitcher and short stop, Sussex Central Senior, Millsboro, Delaware

Kelley is Maryland baseball’s seventh 2026 commit and second right-handed pitcher. His arsenal includes a fastball, changeup, curveball and slider.

His fastball maxed out at 91.2 mph on July 24, according to Prep Baseball. Kelley also recorded a 96 mph exit velocity at the plate in July.

Offers

Football

Reston Lehman, 2026, Athlete, Peters Township, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania

Coach Michael Locksley and his staff offered Lehman Oct. 3. The athlete splits time between tight end, edge rusher and outside linebacker. Lehman earned First Team Pennsylvania 5A All-State honors at linebacker in 2023.

Lehman also holds offers from Penn State, Boston College and Minnesota. He is projected to commit to Penn State, according to On3’s recruiting prediction machine.

[Coach Meghan Ryan Nemzer to leave Maryland women’s soccer]

Myles McAfee, 2027, Wide receiver, Archbishop Spalding, Severn

McAfee released his first 12 offers Sunday, which included the Terps,Penn State, Ohio State and Indiana. Maryland became the fourth school to offer McAfee last November. The sophomore is the No. 1 player in Maryland and No. 51 nationally in his class, according to the 247Sports composite ranking.

Mathieu Kanu, 2026, Linebacker, Unity Reed, Manassas, Virginia

Maryland gave Kanu his fourth collegiate offer, the linebacker announced Tuesday. The 6-foot-3, 221-pound recruit is the 13th linebacker the Terps have offered to in his class, with none committed yet.

Though he’s an unranked recruit on both On3 and 247Sports, Kanu also holds offers from Central Michigan, Marshall and Old Dominion. Maryland is the closest school of the four offers.

Basketball

Jamaal McKnight Jr., 2027, Point guard, DeMatha Catholic, Hyattsville

Maryland is one of seven schools — including Georgetown, Tennessee and Penn State — to offer the 5-foot-10 guard.

The local product is a three-star recruit, according to On3’s rankings. McKnight averaged 6.9 points and 2.5 assists as a freshman last season.

[‘He’s real, you can just sense it’: The untold stories of Michael Locksley]

Top four inclusions

Basketball

Cam Ward, 2025, Forward, Largo, Upper Marlboro

Ward announced that Maryland made his top four schools Oct. 8. The 6-foot-7 forward is the No. 2 player in Maryland and No. 50 nationally, according to the 247Sports composite. He averaged 26 points and 11.5 rebounds as a junior, earning Gatorade Player of the Year.

Ward took a trip to Maryland Sept. 21. The Terps are competing with Virginia, Kansas State and Michigan State in the final stages of Ward’s recruitment.

The No. 4 recruit in Maryland, Christian Jeffrey, previously committed to Maryland Oct. 2. Coach Kevin Willard said at Big Ten media day he only wants to take a maximum of three freshmen each year.

Forward Jordan Scott, the No. 91 recruit nationally according to 247Sports’ composite rankings, selected Michigan State over Maryland and Virginia Tech Thursday.