Maryland football received its first 2025 commitment in January. Eight months later, he decommitted. The Terps still have 21 commits in the class, which 247Sports ranks No. 26 in the country.

Coach Michael Locksley and staff extended offers to a 2026 and 2027 prospect last week, while men’s basketball entered the top three for a local talent’s looming decision.

Decommitment

Football

Jett White, 2025, cornerback, Edison, Miami, Florida

White was first to commit to the Terps’ 2025 class, but nixed his decision last Wednesday. The No. 69 recruit in Florida according to 247Sports’ composite ranking noted on X, formerly known as Twitter, that he would still keep the Terps’ in consideration. His decision will come in December ahead of early enrollment in January.

“After prayer and talks with my family I believe [it’s] in the best interest for me to decommit from the University of Maryland and open up my recruitment,” White said on X.

[Recruiting roundup: Maryland men’s lacrosse’s 2026 class fills up]

The cornerback totaled 23 pass deflections and an interception last season as Edison reached the regional quarterfinals of the 2M Florida State Championships. After his commitment to Maryland in January, White received offers from USF, Georgia State, Missouri and UNLV. The cornerback previously decommitted from USC last November.

Jayden Shipps and Messiah Delhomme are Maryland’s only committed cornerbacks in the 2025 cycle after White’s decommitment.

Offers

Football

Izayia Williams, 2026, linebacker, Tavares, Leesburg, Florida

The Terps gave Williams his 24th offer on Sep. 25. Williams committed to Florida State on Sep. 4.

The four-star is the No. 16 player in Florida and No. 96 nationally in his class, according to the 247Sports composite ranking. Maryland currently has three class of 2026 commits, none of whom are linebackers.

Williams also competes in track and field events. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound linebacker was a regional qualifier as a freshman in both the long jump and high jump. He also runs 11.35 seconds in the 100 meter dash.

Monshun Sales, 2027, wide receiver, Lawrence North, Indianapolis, Indiana

Maryland became the sixth Big Ten school to offer Sales on Sep. 27. The 6-foot-5 receiver is off to a strong start in his sophomore year, logging six receiving touchdowns through five games with 275 receiving yards.

[Recruiting roundup: Maryland men’s basketball lands first commit of 2025 class]

Sales is ranked the best receiver in Indiana in his class and No. 56 overall nationally, according to 247Sports’ composite ranking. He is the 13th 2027 receiver Maryland has offered. The Terps have yet to receive a commitment for the class.

Top-3 Inclusion

Basketball

Christian Jeffrey, 2025, combo guard, Mt. Zion Prep, Lanham, Maryland

Jeffrey, who is a four-star on some lists and a three-star on others, narrowed his selection to three schools on Sep. 27, zeroing in between Maryland, Texas A&M and Mississippi State. Jeffery visited College Park on June 27 and will announce his decision on Oct. 2, according to On3 Recruits.

Jeffrey could be the second commit in Maryland’s 2025 class after forward Marcus Jackson’s commitment in September. The Brooklyn native is the No. 4 overall player in Maryland and is ranked No. 146 nationally, according to the 247Sports composite.