Maryland men’s lacrosse coach John Tillman has been busy the past three weeks. He has welcomed 11 recruits into his 2026 class since recruiting opened, adding his highest-ranked prospect on Saturday.

Football has continued to offer players in the 2026 and 2027 classes while men’s basketball had its third visit with a forward in September.

Commits

Men’s lacrosse
Brady Mollot, 2026, attacker, Archbishop Spalding, Severn, Maryland

Mollot is a four-star prospect and Inside Lacrosse’s No. 37 player in the class of 2026. The right-handed attacker announced his commitment to Maryland on Saturday, making him the fourth local talent in his class to commit to the Terps.

Mollot’s father, Mike, played lacrosse for Maryland from 1999-2003, being named All-American and All-ACC twice.

Jackson Allen, 2026, long stick, Salisbury School, Salisbury, Connecticut

Allen’s commitment to Maryland marks the second prospect from Salisbury School to commit to the Terps, joining teammate Brandon Williams. The four-star is the No. 74 prospect in his class, according to Inside Lacrosse. The 5-foot-9, 150-pound recruit also plays for Sweetlax Florida.

Christopher Doshna, 2026, midfield, Marcellus High School, Marcellus, New York

Doshna is Inside Lacrosse’s No. 50 recruit in the class of 2026. The four-star committed the same day as Allen, giving the Terps a pair of top-75 prospects on Sept. 18. Doshna scored more than 100 points as a sophomore at Marcellus.

Danny Rooney, 2026, attacker, St. Anthony’s High School, Huntington Station, New York

Rooney joined Doshna this past weekend as New York recruits to commit to Maryland. The four-star is ranked as the No. 83 recruit in his class, according to Inside Lacrosse. Rooney plays club lacrosse for Shore 2 Shore.

[Recruiting roundup: Maryland men’s basketball lands first commit of 2025 class]

Baseball
Chase Dorsey, 2026, middle infield and third base, James Madison High School, Vienna, Virginia

Coach Matt Swope continues to stay active in the recruiting trail while the Terps wait for the season to begin in February. Dorsey’s commitment on Sept. 19 marked the fifth recruit in his class to commit to Maryland.

The 6-foot-1 infielder recorded a 96.1 mph maximum exit velocity and 370-foot maximum distance on batted balls in July, according to Prep Baseball Report. Dorsey and James Madison fell in the VHSL Class 6 Region D tournament semifinals last spring.

Offers

Men’s basketball
Sinan Huan, 2026, center, Georgetown Preparatory School, Rockville, Maryland

Coach Kevin Willard gave Huan an offer on Sept. 16. He towers over defenders at 7-feet tall and 225 pounds.

The center transferred to Georgetown Prep for his junior year after recording 11.5 points and 8.8 rebounds per game for Windermere Prep in Florida during his sophomore year. He played for China’s FIBA U17 team over the summer and connected on 54.3 percent of his shots, averaging 13 points per game.

Football
Alexander Taylor, 2027, defensive end, St. Frances Academy, Baltimore, Maryland

Taylor was one of three local prospects coach Michael Locksley offered this past week. The 6-foot-2 pass rusher hails from powerhouse St. Frances Academy, which finished the 2023-24 season ranked No. 4 in the state. Taylor is an unranked prospect with offers from Virginia Tech, Miami and South Carolina.

[Recruiting roundup: Maryland women’s lacrosse lands No. 1 2026 prospect]

Tyler Butler-Simpson, 2027, cornerback, St. John’s, Washington D.C.

Butler-Simpson is Locksley’s sixth cornerback offer for the 2027 cycle. He notched two interceptions, 15 pass breakups and 20 tackles in his freshman year with the Cadets. His other offers include Auburn, Marshall and Tennessee.

Nick Abrams II, 2026, linebacker, McDonogh School, Owings Mills, Maryland

Abrams totaled 36 tackles and two tackles for loss last season during his sophomore campaign. He has registered 30 tackles through five games this year, already reaching two tackles for loss. He also has offers from Boston College, Michigan State and Penn State.

Antoine Sharp, 2026, linebacker, Palm Beach Central, West Palm Beach, Florida

Sharp is an unranked prospect out of Florida. He recorded 42 total tackles with three tackles for loss as a sophomore, already besting those marks this season with 53 tackles and 3.5 tackles for a loss through four games. Sharp also has offers from Appalachian State, Indiana and Liberty.

Visits

Men’s basketball
Cam Ward, 2025, power forward, Largo High School, Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Ward is the third forward in three weeks to visit the Terps, joining Marcus Jackson and Jordan Scott. He is the No. 2 recruit in Maryland and No. 50 nationally, according to 247Sports Composite. He was the Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year for the 2023-24 season after averaging 26 points per game and 11.5 rebounds with a Class 2A Maryland state championship.

Football
Maxwell Hiller, 2027, offensive tackle, Coatesville Area High School, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Hiller made his third visit to College Park on Saturday. The 6-foot-5, 295-pound lineman is the No. 1 prospect in Pennsylvania and No. 20 nationally in his class, and is one of four tackles that Maryland has offered. The Terps have no commits in the class.