The Panera Bread at Stamp Student Union’s opening was delayed again, according to Dining Services officials.

The restaurant was most recently scheduled to open Wednesday, The Diamondback previously reported. During preparation on Tuesday for the opening, staff discovered some of the equipment — including an oven and coffee maker — were not working properly, according to Dining Services spokesperson Bart Hipple.

This week Panera has undergone “pressure testing,” which means staff have served small groups of people in preparation for the previously anticipated Wednesday opening, Hipple said.

“We have reached out to all the people we know who could potentially correct this problem and are waiting for them to get back to us and as quickly as we can get the equipment working we will open,” Hipple said.

Aside from the equipment issues, the pressure testing has went well, Hipple said. He was “totally surprised” when he found out about the delay.

“I did not expect this at all,” Hipple said. “The team in Panera has been so excited about opening and so optimistic about how well it’s been going this week. I fully anticipated they would open.”

The fast-casual restaurant was initially scheduled to open in fall 2022 on Stamp’s first floor. The opening has seen delays due to challenges with equipment sourcing, permits and operational issues, The Diamondback previously reported.