Maryland football received an abundance of Big Ten honors this week after its second consecutive seven-win regular season. Nine offensive players, six defenders and one special teamer were recognized by the conference.

The 16 total players and nine offensive honorees are Maryland’s most since joining the Big Ten. The team’s six defenders to be recognized are the most since 2014.

Seven Terps were named to one of the three all-conference teams, headlined by their quarterback. Taulia Tagovailoa was named to the All-Big Ten second team by both the coaches and media, behind Michigan’s J.J. McCarthy on the first team.

The redshirt senior made history in the Terps’ regular season finale against Rutgers, becoming the Big Ten’s all-time leading passer. Tagovailoa completed 66.4 percent of his attempts this season, the best in the conference, and led the Big Ten with 3,377 passing yards and 25 passing touchdowns.

Cornerback Tarheeb Still was named to the coaches All-Big Ten second team alongside Tagovailoa, the highest honoree for any Terp defender since 2019. He was also named to the media All-Big Ten third team.

Still’s five interceptions this season led Maryland and were tied for third most in the Big Ten and fifth most in the nation. He was one of only three players in Football Bowl Subdivision to have two games with two interceptions.

The All-Big Ten third team featured numerous Terps: wide receivers Jeshaun Jones and Tai Felton, tight end Corey Dyches, offensive tackle DJ Glaze and linebacker Ruben Hyppolite II. Jones, Felton and Dyches were all media selections, while Hyppolite was chosen by the coaches. Glaze was selected by both.

[Taulia Tagovailoa breaks Big Ten passing record as Maryland football beats Rutgers, 42-24]

Jones capped off his six-year Maryland career with his best season, racking up 747 yards and four touchdowns on 53 catches. He finished top five among all Big Ten receivers in yards and receptions. Jones was a coaches honorable mention.

Felton’s 48 catches, 723 yards and six touchdowns were all career highs. Dyches ranked second on the team with 49 receptions and totalled 491 yards.

Hyppolite finished second on the team with 62 tackles and was also chosen as an honorable mention by the media.

Glaze started all 12 games at left tackle for the Terps this season. He was one of just five tackles in the conference to play more than 800 snaps. He allowed the fewest sacks among that group.

Return specialist Braeden Wisloski and safety Beau Brade were media honorable mentions. Wisloski’s 98-yard kickoff return touchdown against Virginia was the Terps’ first kickoff return score since 2019. Brade, the team leader in tackles, was selected as an honorable mention by both the media and the coaches.

Offensive linemen Corey Bullock and Gottlieb Ayedze and wide receiver Kaden Prather were named honorable mentions by the media. Prather and Bullock were also selected by the coaches.

Linebacker Jaishawn Barham, cornerback Ja’Quan Sheppard, defensive lineman Quashon Fuller and running back Roman Hemby were all selected as honorable mentions by the coaches.