The beloved holiday-themed drinks returned to Starbucks locations across the nation Nov. 2. But if you’re on a budget or are tired of the coffee chain’s recipes, I’ve compiled homemade versions of the new beverages so your taste buds don’t miss out this holiday season.

Preparing these drinks on your own allows you to customize the drinks to your liking with no extra charge or eye-rolling baristas. Any of these drinks can be made into Frappuccinos by replacing the base ingredients of the drink with added Frappe mix, which is available in local grocery stores and on Amazon. 

You can also try turning a traditionally cold drink into a hot one by skipping the ice and microwaving the drink for one minute. 

Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte 

This sweet, cozy drink will take you back to your childhood memories of baking cookies during the holiday season 

Base

• 2 cups ice cubes
  • 3 tablespoons International Delight Grinch Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer 
  • 6-8 ounces of milk of choice 
  • 3 ounces instant coffee or 3 shots of espresso

Topping

• 1 tablespoon International Delight Grinch Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer 
  • 2 ½ tablespoons Heavy whipping cream 
  • Sprinkles

Directions

1. Start by making the base of the drink in a 24-ounce cup. To do this, combine ice cubes, 3 tablespoons International Delight Grinch Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer, instant coffee or espresso and almond milk.
  2. Make sugar cookie “cold foam” in a separate cup by combining 1 tablespoon International Delight Grinch Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer with heavy whipping cream. Froth for one minute using an electric mixer or frother. 
  3. Add cold foam to the base.
  4. Top with sprinkles and enjoy.

[Marvel’s superhero slump keeps declining with the ‘The Marvels’]

Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai 

This savory drink is Christmas in a cup. The gingerbread cold foam and pumpkin spice bring warmth to the soul. While I personally prefer this drink hot, the ice in this recipe will help you wake up in the morning after a late-night study session.  

Base 

• 1 ½ cups ice cubes
  • 8 ounces Chai Concentrate   

Topping 

• 100 milliliters of milk of choice
  • 2 pumps gingerbread-flavored syrup
  • Pumpkin pie spice

Directions 

1. In a 16-ounce cup, combine ice cubes and chai concentrate. 
  2. In a separate cup, make the gingerbread “cold foam.” Froth together syrup and milk.
  3. Pour cold foam over the base drink. 
  4. Sprinkle it with pumpkin pie spice and enjoy. 

[Spice up Friendsgiving with these 4 party themes]

Peppermint Mocha

The combination of peppermint and chocolate is a classic, but there is something about the added espresso that gives the drink the extra kick we could all use this season. Not to mention this is the simplest of the three recipes to make at home. You can also give this drink a milkshake feel by preparing it as a Frappuccino. 

Base 

• 1 cup hot chocolate
  • ½ teaspoon peppermint extract or one candy cane
  • 1 shot espresso or 1-ounce instant coffee

Topping

• Whipped cream
  • Chocolate pieces

Directions 

1. Combine hot chocolate, peppermint extract or candy cane and coffee in a large mug. 
  2. Top with whipped cream and chocolate and enjoy.