Maryland football lost one of its commitments for the 2024 class on Sunday when three-star offensive tackle Donovan Thompson announced he was reopening his recruitment.

Thompson, the No. 112 offensive tackle in the nation, per 247Sports, committed to the Terps on June 26 and was the fifth lineman to join the class at the time. After his departure, eight offensive linemen remain set to join the team next season. Local tackles Ryan Howerton and Terez Davis headline that group.

Thompson is the third player to decommit in the 2024 class. Brandon Jacob, the highest-ranked player in the Terps’ 2024 class, officially shut down his recruitment two weeks ago, reaffirming his commitment.

[Recruiting roundup: Maryland football’s top 2024 recruit reaffirms commitment]

Commitments

Men’s soccer

Luke Burdett, 2025, Midfield

Burdett joins fellow midfielder Caleb Swann as the second signee of the 2025 class for coach Sasho Cirovski, according to TopDrawerSoccer. Burdett, who plays for the MLS NEXT club Baltimore Armour, will stay close to home with his commitment to the Terps.

Men’s lacrosse

Luke Griffin, 2025, Midfield

Griffin is an Inside Lacrosse three-star recruit from Kings Park, New York, who plays for Rebels LC Chrome. The 6-foot-1 midfielder was a New Balance All-American this summer.

[Recruiting roundup: Derik Queen to visit Maryland men’s basketball this week]

Visits

Football

Jaelyne Matthews, 2025, Offensive Tackle

A number of football recruits are expected to be in attendance for Maryland’s game against Penn State on Saturday. Matthews, a four-star former Penn State commit, will headline that group. The offensive tackle reopened his recruitment in September and has interest from many schools, such as Georgia, Syracuse and Rutgers.

At 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds, Matthews is the No. 9 ranked offensive tackle in the class of 2025 and the top prospect in New Jersey, according to 247Sports.

Announcements

Football

A 2024 three-star football recruit who is heavily favored to land with the Terps announced his top three schools this week.

Israel Hiraldo, a 5-foot-11, 185-pound receiver from Providence, Rhode Island, announced Maryland, West Virginia and UNLV as his top choices, but noted that his recruitment remains “100% open.” On3’s recruiting tracker has the Terps as the overwhelming favorites to earn Hiraldo’s commitment at 79.3 percent.