Only two four-star football prospects from Maryland remain uncommitted in the 2024 class, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings. Ernest Willor Jr. from Concordia Prep and Quince Orchard’s Jaylen Harvey have yet to choose a program.

Maryland football remains firmly in the mix for both. Willor Jr., the second-ranked prospect in the state, plans to sign in December. The wait for Harvey won’t be nearly as long — the defensive end will share his decision on Monday, he announced on X, the site formerly known as Twitter.

Harvey took an official visit to College Park in June. He made another appearance at the Terps’ win over Virginia last month.

“I would say [it feels like] home,” he told 247Sports before the game. “It’s the crib. I haven’t been up there in a while and I want to see how Locks coaches one more time.”

Maryland, Penn State and USC are the finalists for the No. 12-ranked prospect in the state. Beating out two powerhouse programs will be an uphill battle. On3 gives the Nittany Lions a 73.4 percent chance of winning the recruitment. 

If that’s not convincing enough, it appears Harvey’s relationship with Penn State coach James Franklin is quite strong. Harvey and Franklin shared a spirited embrace — in which the coach inadvertently knocked off his white Penn State cap — when he visited State College for the Nittany Lions’ annual whiteout game.

Elsewhere in the Maryland sports landscape, women’s lacrosse earned a late boost to its 2024 class with a five-star flip while baseball and football each received one pledge.

[A Maryland football commit didn’t have any offers — then he switched positions]

Commitments

Women’s Lacrosse

Megan Kenny, 2024, Midfield, St. Anthony’s (Melville, New York)

Over a year after securing her last commitment for the 2024 class, Cathy Reese made a late but impactful addition. Kenny committed to North Carolina last year, but decommitted from the 2022 national champions before flipping to the Terps.

The midfielder is the third five-star in Reese’s class, joining Devin Livingston and Kayla Gilmore.

Football

Trevor Szymanski, 2024, Offensive Lineman, Loyola Blakefield (Towson, Maryland)

Szymanski is a two-time All-Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association selection. The 6-foot-5-inch, 280-pounder chose Maryland over offers from Virginia Tech, Syracuse and Pitt, among others.

The consensus three-star recruit is the ninth offensive lineman in Maryland’s 2024 class. He reunites with his brother, AJ Szymanski, a freshman tight end for the Terps.

Baseball

Grey Willis, 2024, Pitcher, Rising Sun (North East, Maryland)

Willis is a towering 6-foot-5-inch left-hander. His fastball has jumped by 11 mph in the past two years and currently sits at 90 mph, according to Perfect Game. He is the fifth pitcher in Matt Swope’s 2024 class, joining Braedy Peck, Ryan Bailey, Christopher Cespedes and Jake Yeager.

[Maryland football target Malik Washington shines in Spalding’s blowout win]

Football Offers

Que McBroom, 2024, Offensive Line, Northeastern Oklahoma A&M (Commerce, Oklahoma)

McBroom is a junior college prospect with a desirable offensive lineman frame at 6-foot-4-inch and 317 pounds. The Terps are his first Power Five offer but he holds over 30 Division I offers. McBroom is the 25th-ranked player and the second-ranked interior offensive lineman in 247Sports’ junior college rankings.

Kaden Foster, Jermaine Smith Jr. and Jayden Travers, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore)

Three underclassmen from St. Frances Academy announced that they received offers from the Terps. Foster, a running back, and Travers, a defensive lineman, are both in the class of 2026. Smith is a 6-foot-4-inch freshman wide receiver.

Maryland appears to be forming early connections with local recruits in hopes of earning their commitments down the road.