Maryland men’s basketball is still searching for its first commit of the 2024 class. Friday could end its hunt.

Four-star forward Matthew Hodge will announce his commitment then, per 247Sports’ Dushawn London. Hodge’s six finalists are Maryland, Marquette, Penn State, Villanova, Seton Hall and Xavier.

Hodge was in College Park two weeks ago for his final visit. The Terps seemed to be in strong position to land the No. 5 prospect from New Jersey, but three 247Sports recruiting experts put in an official prediction Wednesday for Hodge to land at Villanova.

On3’s recruiting prediction machine gave Maryland the highest odds of landing him a few weeks ago but now gives the Wildcats a 90.4 percent chance.

“[Maryland] made my list because of the relationship I’ve built with the coaches,” Hodge told 247Sports. “When I went on the visit they had a great pitch for me and the presentation was great. I really liked what I can see myself doing next year.”

In other news, football and men’s basketball each extended an offer to 2025 prospects while men’s lacrosse continues to earn high-profile commitments.

Offers

Football

Three-star Ohio cornerback Dawayne Galloway’s recruitment blew up this week. Maryland became his first Power Five offer on Monday but he soon received offers from Georgia, Michigan, Penn State and Texas A&M.

Men’s Basketball

Acaden Lewis, a consensus four-star and the No. 92 prospect in 247Sports’ composite rankings, received an offer from the Terps. He holds over 10 Division I offers and is a top local prospect at Sidwell Friends in Washington, D.C.

[Aidan Seibel idolized Maryland men’s lacrosse. He’ll soon be a part of it.]

Commitments

Men’s Lacrosse

Christopher Alexis, 2025, Midfield, Salisbury (Salisbury, Connecticut)

Alexis, who National Lacrosse Federation called “arguably the best athlete in his class,” racked up 18 goals, five assists and 15 ground balls as a sophomore for the Crimson Knights. He was the National Lacrosse Federation’s No. 2 player in the 2025 class.

He dropped to No. 19 in the fall rankings after missing a portion of the summer season due to injury but remains a five-star recruit by National Lacrosse Federation and a four-star by Inside Lacrosse.

Eli Schaller, 2025, Midfield, McDonogh (Owings Mills, Maryland)

Schaller will join his brother Will, a top-10 recruit in the class of 2022, in College Park. The younger Schaller is a four-star.

He recently transferred to McDonogh for his junior season where he will share the field with five-star Terps goalie commit Aidan Seibel. The two are also club teammates on Team 91 Maryland.

Kyle Hata, 2025, Faceoff Specialist, Choate Rosemary Hall (Wallingford, Connecticut)

Hata is a three-star recruit and a top-20 faceoff specialist in the 2025 class.

[Maryland men’s basketball releases full 2023-24 schedule]

Women’s Soccer

Mckinley Heaven, 2025, Forward, Richard Montgomery (Rockville, Maryland)

Heaven became the third player in Meghan Ryan Nemzer’s 2025 class when she committed Monday. The 5-foot-9 forward competes for Bethesda Soccer Club and was a Maryland Association of Coaches of Soccer First Team All-State selection.

Baseball

Braedy Peck, 2024, Pitcher, Highland (Marshall, Virginia)

A late addition to the 2024 class, Peck is a 6-foot-3, 210-pound righty with fastball velocity in the 87th percentile among all 2024 prospects, according to Perfect Game. In a summer bullpen session, Peck’s heater was recorded between 91 and 92 mph.

Field Hockey

Faith Everett, 2025, Midfield, Broadneck (Arnold, Maryland)

Everett is the seventh commit of the 2025 class and yet another top-50 recruit. She was a First Team All-State selection in 2022 and her school was 4A State Champions, finishing with an undefeated 20-0 record. Her sister, Maya, has played nine games for the Terps as a freshman and was the 2022 Max Field Hockey Maryland State Player of the Year.