Eight players in the class of 2025 committed to coach Cathy Reese and Maryland women’s lacrosse in the last two weeks. The group is headlined by one five-star recruit and four four-stars.

After adding the nation’s top-ranked 2025 goalie at the start of the month, men’s lacrosse secured the commitment of two four-star prospects. Baseball and wrestling each added intriguing commits, while football and women’s basketball continue extending offers to potential future Terps.

Commitments

Women’s Lacrosse

Ava Meyn, 2025, Midfielder/Attacker, Bayport-Blue Point (Bayport, New York)

Meyn is a versatile three-sport athlete at Bayport-Blue Point High School. She plays volleyball in the fall, basketball in the winter and lacrosse in the spring. She’s had immense success on the lacrosse field, turning in a game with five goals, one with four and multiple hat tricks.

The five-star recruit helped Bayport-Blue Point go 18-0 and win the program’s first-ever state title.

Catie Holmes, 2025, Midfielder, Agnes Irwin (Rosemont, Pennsylvania)

Holmes, a four-star recruit, recorded 34 goals, six assists, 14 ground balls, six draw controls and seven caused turnovers as a sophomore. She was a second-team All-Inter-Ac selection and helped the Owls win the Pennsylvania Independent Schools Athletic Association championship.

[Recruiting roundup: Maryland football to host highly touted recruits during Virginia game]

Men’s Lacrosse

John Offutt, 2025, Midfielder, St. John’s College (Washington, D.C.)

Offutt, Inside Lacrosse’s No. 47 player in the class of 2025, helped the Cadets amass a 15-3 record en route to a Washington Catholic Athletic Conference championship.

Oliver Skeean, 2025, Long-Stick Midfielder, Walton (Marietta, Georgia)

Skeean is “exceptionally gifted at making plays in space” according to the National Lacrosse Federation. The All-American honoree as a sophomore racked up 30 goals as a freshman for Walton.

The Terps currently have three long-stick midfielders, two of whom will graduate by 2025. All three stand taller than six feet and north of 200 pounds — with John Geppert and Jack McDonald at 6-foot-3 and 6-foot-4 respectively. Skeean is considerably smaller at about 5-foot-11 and 180 pounds, offering a possible different look at the position.

Baseball

Peyton Mamula, 2025, Pitcher, Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Maryland)

The physically imposing 6-foot-4, 215-pound right-handed pitcher sports a fastball, curveball and changeup in his three-pitch arsenal.

https://twitter.com/PeytonMamula/status/1704274059012219130?s=20

[Big Ten Defender of the Year Meghan Ball transfers to Maryland women’s lacrosse]

Wrestling

Oscar Williams, 2024, Edmond North (Edmond, Oklahoma)

Williams lived in Maui until he was 12 before moving to the continental United States. He lived out of a motorhome, spending the bulk of his time in California and Oklahoma. 

“It definitely feels good that just everything is working out, it wasn’t all for nothing,” Williams told Maui News.

Williams won a national title at the 2021 USA Wrestling nationals. He was a 2023 Greco-Roman national runner-up.

Offers

Football

Maryland offered two players, 2025 three-star offensive lineman Peter Langi and 2025 St. John’s defensive end Marcus Ogbogu. A 6-foot-5, 330-pounder from San Francisco, Langi has more than 30 Division I offers including current and future Big Ten competitors Purdue, USC and Washington.

The Terps are the second Division I team to offer Ogbogu. The other offer for Ogbogu comes from Charlotte, according to On3. Current 49ers coach Biff Poggi used to coach at Saint Frances Academy in Baltimore.

Women’s Basketball

Kaleena Smith, 2027, Cal Storm (Perris, California)

The freshman averaged 40 points per game across four contests in the Scholastic Fall Tipoff. She dropped 45 points, seven rebounds and four assists in a win over Mission Hills and drained eight 3-pointers en route to a 41-point performance against Rancho Christian.