Four-star running back DeJuan Williams announced his commitment to Maryland football Sunday on Twitter.

Williams picked the Terps over Boston College, the only other school he visited. The 5-foot-11 running back also received offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Virginia Tech and a number of other schools.

The St. Frances Academy product is the first four-star to commit to coach Mike Locksley in the 2024 class. Williams is ranked as the No. 6 recruit in Maryland and the 20th-best running back in the nation by 247Sports.

“With Maryland, I’m staying home,” Williams told On3 Sports. “Maryland is 30 minutes from home, so I will be close to my family and they will [be] able to come to every home game. It is all about love at Maryland and I’ve felt the love from the beginning.”

As the fifth player from Maryland to commit to the Terps, Williams continues the trend of local recruits staying home for their college careers.

[Big Ten ditches football divisions, announces new schedule model starting in 2024]

Williams is the lone running back in the 2024 class to commit to Maryland thus far. In his freshman season, he will join a room that could include Roman Hemby, Ramon Brown, Antwain Littleton II and Colby McDonald.

Despite the competition, Williams believes he will have every opportunity to play an impactful role as a freshman.

“[Locksley] always told me that they need a back like me to catch the ball, get out in the slot and play all over the field,” Williams told On3. “He [thinks] I can get on the field right away and accomplish my goal of becoming a freshman All-American at Maryland.”