Jahmir Young will return for a second season with Maryland men’s basketball, the guard confirmed on Twitter Tuesday.

Young earned All-Big Ten second team honors in his first year at Maryland and was the Terps’ top scorer, averaging 15.8 points per game, 4.6 rebounds per game and 3.1 assists per game.

The Charlotte transfer helped the Terps to a 22-13 record in coach Kevin Willard’s inaugural season. Maryland earned an at-large bid to the national tournament where Young scored 22 points across two games before the Terps’ second round loss to the top-seeded Crimson Tide.

[Once overlooked, Jahmir Young returned to Maryland and made it his]

Young became the first DeMatha product to commit to the Terps in 20 years when he transferred from Charlotte in April 2022. He enjoyed three successful seasons with the 49ers before joining Willard’s squad, earning All-Conference USA honors each year and averaging 16.7 points per game in his career at Charlotte.

The guard operated as Maryland’s primary ballhandler last season and logged a 1.35 assist-to turnover ratio while recording the most assists and turnovers on the team. He also notched the most points and steals on Willard’s squad.

[Maryland men’s basketball’s Hakim Hart declares for NBA draft, enters transfer portal]

The Terps have already had two players enter the transfer portal from last season’s squad — Hakim Hart and Ike Cornish. Hart also declared for the 2023 NBA draft, and senior Donta Scott still hasn’t announced if he will use his extra year of eligibility or if it would be at Maryland.

While the Terps could see continued changes to the squad during the offseason, Young’s return will bring consistency to the point guard position in Willard’s second year.