After two convincing wins against teams on the cusp of last week’s top 25, Maryland men’s basketball is ranked in the latest AP poll for the first time under new coach Kevin Willard at No. 23.

The undefeated Terps were last ranked in November 2021 before Maryland lost to George Mason at home on Nov. 17, 2021. The Terps are ranked fourth of nine Big Ten teams receiving votes in the latest AP poll.

Maryland defeated Miami and Saint Louis — who received the 29th and 30th most votes in the previous poll, respectively — over the weekend to advance to 5-0 and take home the 2022 Basketball Hall-of-Fame Tip-Off championship in Uncasville, Connecticut.

[Maryland men’s basketball downs Miami in decisive fashion, 88-70]

Donta Scott powered the Terps to wins over the Hurricanes and Billikens. The senior averaged 24.5 points per game on 68 percent shooting from the field and 55.6 percent shooting from behind the arc over the two games.

Willard became the first Terps head coach to start his career 4-0 after Maryland’s 28-point victory over Saint Louis Saturday.

The Terps’ two wins also saw them jump from No. 42 in the KenPom rankings before their matchup against Saint Louis to No. 22 following the conclusion of Sunday’s games.

Maryland will take on Coppin State Friday and Louisville in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge before beginning conference play with a home matchup against No. 16 Illinois on Dec. 2.