The Shuttle-UM #104 College Park Metro route will have two new stops, including one on South Campus, in spring 2023, according to David Allen, executive director of the Department of Transportation Services.

The two new stops will be on Regents Drive near the administration building and Annapolis Hall, Allen said.

“We are happy to make this change based on some recent student input,” Allen wrote in an email.

This fall, the #104 reverted to its route before the COVID-19 pandemic started.

Currently, the shuttle goes to the east side of the College Park Metro Station. The route has stops on the campus near the math building, Regents Drive Garage and the Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel.

[UMD launches new Shuttle-UM app to mixed student reaction]

Scott Cronin, a junior government and politics major and Residence Hall Association president, explained students who live on South Campus have to find alternative transportation or make it all the way to the math building and Regents Drive to catch the #104.

“Students were really frustrated that there was not a route stop on South Campus anymore,” Cronin said.

He said that at this time of the year, it may be fine for students who are physically able to walk across the campus, but it may become a problem in the winter. The additional stops will alleviate these transportation challenges for students who live on South Campus, according to Cronin.