The University of Maryland will lift its indoor mask mandate on Monday, Feb. 28, according to a Friday update on the university’s 4Maryland webpage.

KN95 masks will still be required in all classrooms. But masks will not be required in dining halls, dorms and at athletic events. The guidelines also lift mask requirements in gyms and libraries, university spokesperson Natifia Mullings confirmed in a message to The Diamondback.

Masks will continue to be required on all public transportation and in patient-care areas, including the University Health Center and COVID-19 testing locations.

[Prince George’s County to lift mask mandate Monday]

The announcement comes as the university saw 43 positive COVID-19 cases from on-campus testing on Feb. 17, according to its COVID-19 dashboard. On Thursday, 4 positive cases were reported from on-campus testing and 15 positive cases were self-reported.

Prince George’s County will also lift its mask mandate on Feb. 28, County Executive Angela Alsobrooks announced Friday.

“Our focus has been on the health and well-being of our entire campus community, and our plans have been coordinated with state and county health officials, with additional guidance provided by the University System of Maryland,” the university’s website reads.
This story has been updated.