Maryland athletics announced — effective Jan. 9 — a vaccine requirement will go in place for all indoor sporting events.

All patrons 12 or older will be required to provide either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test from the previous 48 hours. University of Maryland students are not required to show proof of vaccination.

Proof of vaccination, according to an athletic department release, can be a COVID-19 vaccination card, a picture of the vaccination card or screenshot of vaccination record from a pharmacy. 

Screenshots of a negative PCR or rapid antigen test will be accepted, however home tests will not. 

Fans 18 and older must show a picture ID for verification of ownership of the vaccination card or negative test.

[Maryland men’s basketball announces Lehigh matchup, enhanced safety measures]

This policy comes eight days after the athletic department announced enhanced safety measures for Maryland men’s basketball’s home games on Dec. 28 and 30. 

The athletic department previously announced measures such as not allowing concessions to be sold at the Xfinity Center, increasing enforcement of its mask mandate, encouraging usage of KN95 masks and introducing flexible seat relocation.

The mask requirement for all attendees remains intact and the closing of concessions has been extended through Jan. 8. However, they will reopen beginning Jan. 9 when Maryland men’s basketball hosts Wisconsin.

Maryland women’s basketball and wrestling will be the only two teams to play at Xfinity Center before Jan.9, with competitions on Jan. 6 and 7, respectively.

This story has been updated.