Prince George’s County will reinstate its indoor mask mandate on Sunday at 5 p.m. as COVID-19 cases climb, County Executive Angela Alsobrooks announced in a news release Thursday.

The order comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified the county as an area with “substantial” transmission.

Everyone “over the age of five will be required to wear masks in all indoor public venues and businesses” in the county, regardless of vaccination status, according to a news release from the county executive’s office.

[Prince George’s County now an area with ‘substantial’ COVID transmission, CDC says]

The county’s previous indoor mask mandate was lifted on May 28 after its outdoor mask mandate ended on April 30. 

The county saw the highest number of new COVID-19 cases per week in the last week of July since the week of April 25, according to the county’s coronavirus dashboard.

“The spread of the new Delta variant shows that we can only get out of this pandemic by getting more people vaccinated,” Alsobrooks said in a news release

Alsobrooks urged unvaccinated people to get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect their loved ones and prevent the loss of progress in recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Prince George’s County will join Montgomery County and the city of Baltimore in reinstating mask mandates to combat the recent surge in COVID-19 cases.