The University of Maryland canceled study abroad programs in Ireland for the fall 2021 semester Tuesday, according to the University of Maryland Education Abroad website. 

This decision comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention added 16 countries, including Ireland and Greece, to its list of destinations with “very high” travel risk on Monday. 

Ireland is the third country to have its fall study abroad programs canceled in the past week, following the United Kingdom and Spain. In all three countries, the U.S. Department of State issued a “Do Not Travel” advisory.

[UMD cancels fall study abroad programs in Spain, United Kingdom]

Students who are not able to attend their study abroad programs in the U.K. will have the option to choose an alternative study abroad program or work with advisors to resume coursework at this university for the fall term, according to an email obtained by The Diamondback last week

Students who elect to resume courses on the campus in College Park must contact their advisors and register for classes immediately, according to the email sent to U.K. study abroad students. 

Program-related fees billed by the university, including the Education Abroad fee, are refundable, according to the email. 

Housing-related concerns should be directed to the Education Abroad team, who plan on working with the Department of Resident Life on the behalf of students, according to the email.