Para leer este artículo en español, haga clic aquí.

Gov. Larry Hogan announced Tuesday that Maryland will officially end the COVID-19 state of emergency on July 1.

The state of emergency was announced on March 5, 2020, and has been renewed 18 times since then.

Starting July 1, masks will no longer be required in any location, but businesses and workplaces will still be able to create their own requirements.

The date also marks the beginning of a 45-day “grace period”, where certain regulations — like those related to MVA documentation or evictions — that were relaxed during the state of emergency will remain so, until the end of the period on August 15. After, more orders will be rescinded, according to an order released today. The National Guard will also be released from mandatory active duty after the grace period.

[Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan lifts statewide indoor mask mandate]

Health officials should also use this time to transition out of emergency operations, Hogan said. This announcement came alongside the lowest case rates, positivity rates and hospitalizations due to COVID-19 since March 2020.

Additionally, the Maryland health department will be partnering with the Baltimore Orioles and Major League Baseball to hold vaccination clinics at Camden Yards over Father’s Day weekend, Hogan said. Everyone who gets vaccinated during those clinics will receive two free lower level Orioles tickets, Hogan said.

More than 6.5 million vaccines have been administered in Maryland, Hogan said. Over 72 percent of Marylanders 18 and older have received one dose, a rate faster than the nation, he added.

“At this point, there is simply no excuse for not getting vaccinated,” Hogan said.