Maryland women’s basketball landed its fourth offseason addition to coach Brenda Frese’s squad Monday afternoon, with graduate transfer Alaysia Styles making the switch from California to College Park, per a release.

“I am thrilled and sincerely grateful for this unreal opportunity and this step into an incredible journey with incredible people,” Styles said in Monday’s release. “Dreams do come true, and I am entirely honored to share mine with my teammates, coaches, and the City of College Park.”

[Maryland women’s basketball has remained optimistic in the face of uncertainty]

Styles, a 6-foot-3 forward, started 30 games for the Golden Bears last campaign, averaging 8.4 points and 2.8 rebounds. The San Diego native scored 10 points or more in 12 games, including a 19-point explosion against Utah on Feb. 16.

Last season was a particularly fruitful one for Styles, who hadn’t featured in the Golden Bears’ starting lineup prior to 2019. With the move, the Terps adds another option in the frontcourt — one that has been ravaged by departures. Stephanie Jones graduated, and All-Big Ten honoree Shakira Austin joined Ole Miss.

“At 6’3” and as a grad transfer she will bring immediate size, depth and maturity into our program right away,” Frese said in Monday’s release.

Styles will spend the fall semester at Cal, then link up with Frese’s squad in the spring, joining a side that features a slew of new faces: fellow transfers Chloe Bibby and Katie Benzan, international prospect Taisiya Kozlova and No. 2 recruit in the nation, Angel Reese.

And although there has been a significant amount of change across the roster, it’s clear Frese is looking to reinvigorate the Terps as they aim to defend last year’s Big Ten crown.