The University of Maryland is preparing to add Wicomico, Caroline and Carroll halls to its quarantine and isolation housing if needed, according to a statement from a university spokesperson. 

These North Hill dorms are currently unoccupied due to the university’s efforts to de-densify the campus.

The current number of quarantine or isolation units available is 58, which includes housing in the Leonardtown apartments. 

[Students in Denton Hall advised to restrict activity, monitor symptoms for 14 days]

“While we continue to monitor the occupancy of our current quarantine and isolation housing, we made a prudent decision to prepare these residence halls in the meantime,” the statement read. 

The university did not provide the number of quarantine and isolation beds that the dorms will house. The halls have a combined capacity of about 412 residents, according to totals on the Department of Resident Life website.

All current quarantine and isolation housing will still be active. As of Sept. 24, 63 percent of the university’s current quarantine and isolation housing is occupied.

CORRECTION: Due to a reporting error, a previous version of this story incorrectly stated 58 quarantine or isolation beds were currently available. There were 58 quarantine or isolation units available. This story has been updated.