Nine Maryland student-athletes and staff have tested positive for COVID-19, according to a Saturday press release.

The University Health Center conducted tests of 185 student-athletes and staff on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to the release, and those who tested positive have been notified and are self-isolating.

“Contact tracing is ongoing through the Prince George’s County Health Department and all identified individuals will follow a mandated 14-day self-observation period, under the supervision of university health officials,” the release read.

Voluntary football workouts have been suspended, according to the release.

[Maryland athletics reports no positive tests in first round of coronavirus screening]

Maryland is the latest Big Ten program to halt workouts — Ohio State paused its workouts on Wednesday after receiving results from its most recent COVID-19 testing. To date, no other Big Ten programs have stopped workouts.

But across the country, the suspension of workouts is proving all the more common. On Wednesday, North Carolina shut down its voluntary activities after 37 student-athletes and staff tested positive.

On Thursday, the Big Ten announced plans to move fall sports to conference-only schedules. The decision, which will see coach Mike Locksley’s football squad play 10 regular-season games instead of 12, was made after discussions between Big Ten presidents and chancellors, athletic directors and medical staff.

“We are also prepared not to play in order to ensure the health, safety and wellness of our student-athletes should the circumstances so dictate,” the Big Ten’s statement read.